Thursday, June 14, 2012

SUMMER!

In many ways, it's not my favorite seasons. I really dislike the heat, humidity, bugs, snakes...  however, as much as I love my job, I do love my summers off! Especially with a fun 10 year old to enjoy them with. My husband is also off this summer, meaning we'll be stretching his balloon check through August, and won't be taking big, exciting vacations. The trade-offs are totally worth it.
Today was the last day for students in my schools. We have to go in tomorrow for an all day in-service and then I'm off until late August. I will spend some time soon making a list of what I hope to do this summer. Soon. Not tonight. I can barely keep my eyes open!
The little guy and husband are in school through next Wednesday so I will have three mornings to myself. There is a pedicure in my future! Okay, not very frugal, but one at the beginning of the summer will get me through and I don't do them all year. In fact I've only ever had three in total!

On a sad note, we found one of the ducks dead in the barn this morning. It was one of the runner/Blue Swedish crosses. Not a friendly bunch but I hate losing one of my animals, especially mysteriously. My mom saw a hawk in the area this morning but this duck had no visible wounds or injuries and was inside. No feathers indicating an attack and later death. We'll keep an eye on everyone else closely.

Really looking forward to days for cleaning, organizing, simplifying and cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment