Saturday, May 19, 2012

It looks like this blog will pretty much be updated no more than monthly! At least until school lets out. I have 18 days left to this year.
Today was sunny and warm, but not hot and humid, so managed to plant everything I bought last weekend in the square picket fence garden we added last year. It's now got not only garlic and sugar snap peas, but Brandywine and Lemon Boy tomatoes, and 6 Roma tomatoes, bell peppers and banana peppers (for pickling!) and Swiss chard, dill, parsley and basil. I'm out of room! I got the elderberries I ordered planted. I still need to get the gooseberries and apple trees in. This weather should hold and I'll get them done tomorrow after church.
Today marks a big occasion! 10 year old Alex helped James mow the lawn for the first time. There was much supervision, and sneezing. I'm not sure that was a good idea.....  
We ran some errands this afternoon and I came home with a pattern for a vintage apron, full and LONG so it will cover long skirts when I'm cooking up a storm. I don't have fabric for it yet. I'm thinking gingham feels right, because if I try to do it in a tradition white I'll trash it the first time I wear it!
We have plans to make...   we need to sit on the deck swing with clipboard and paper and make sure we're all headed in the same direction. I think we are. But there are thoughts swirling in my head that don't always make it out my mouth and then I'm surprised when James is caught off guard by some comment I make. "I didn't know we were planning to do that..." Tonight seems like it might be a good evening to do that. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment