Saturday, March 24, 2012

The peas are beginning to pop out and so far the chickens and ducks have not found them. I have also discover the blueberry and currant bushes that never got planted last year and are still in their pots are all still alive! I need to decide whether to plant them in the fenced garden or behind the garage. If they go back there they will need to be fenced in to keep the chickens away.  
Today we worked on the fence in preparation for the doelings coming home. Three more weeks! Thomas, Daisy's twin brother, had gotten his head stuck a few times and I'd had to snip the wire to free him and that left large holes that were patched. James took down one side of the fence and put up nice new fencing. No more holes that little bits could wiggle through! Looks a lot nicer too. It made me miss Thomas though. There's still more to be done on the other side, but that is mostly to remove chicken wire that was put up to prevent him from putting his head through. It is now mashed up from goat hooves pulling on it.
We also started to clean out the barn today, the BIG spring clean, right down to bare floors. I started but it was soon apparent that it was more job than I could handle. James finished and I got the more pleasant job of spreading fresh bedding down. We didn't finish the chicken side. That will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment